Easy Steps to Solve Acer Black Screen Error
Posted by admin, 16 August 2018
Acer being one of the leading names in the laptop/computer segment, they have constantly proved their excellence amongst users. Though the users of these laptops are very satisfied with the performance and longevity of the product but one consistent issue which is quite often seen is the Black Screen of Death. This is a very common problem with Acer Notebooks since it released in the market.
The reason behind Black Screen Error being so common is because of defective BIOS software that eventually fails and needs to be upgraded. As per the Acer Support, the brand is trying to make things as easy as possible for the users to fix the problem.
We Will Be Guiding You Through How To Fix The Black Screen Error In Few Easy Steps:
Step 1: Preparation
- Get your Acer Notebook
- Power charger of the device
- A different Windows enabled laptop with internet access
- A 2 GB USB Pendrive
Step 2: Locate the Model Number Of Your Laptop
- You will typically find the model number located on the serial sticker.
- Since it does not say “Model Number” but you have to recognize the MFG Date.
- It will look somewhat like:
MFG Date: 0809 AOA 150-BW
Step 3: Download the correct Driver
- Visit the official Acer website
- Go to Support
- Select Driver Downloads
- Now type the model number or select via Category where you will find Netbook, Aspire One, A0A150, etc.
- Select Your Laptop from the list.
- Tap on the BIOS tab
- Download the appropriate BIOS in your computer.
Step 4: Extract & Set-up New BIOS
- After the BIOS driver is downloaded, locate and extract the files.
- Open the sub folder Dos_flash.
- Rename the file version.fd to zg5ia32.fd.
- Now, insert the USB into your computer.
- For the USB as fat (Not fat32).
- After the format is done, copy files zg5ia32.fd and FLASHIT.exe to the root to the pendrive.
Step 5: Flash Updater
- Switch of the plug in the power cable connected to your laptop.
- Proceed to next step after you see the green light in your battery symbol and no other lights.
- If you see red/orange light in your notebook, wait for the light to go solid green.
- Plug USB flash drive into the USB port.
- Press and hold FN and Esc key in your laptop together.
- Then press and hold the power button.
- Proceed after you see the power button light starts to blink.
- After it starts to blink, release the keys.
- Now your laptop is flashing and it will take approximately 7 minutes to complete.
After the process is done and your Acer laptop is flashed, the display should be restored now.
If the above mentioned steps fail to resolve the issue, kindly contact our Acer Support Number 1-800-431-355 . We can help you resolve the issue by critically examining the computer.